Friday, May 28, 2010

A Wrong-side-out FOF

As you may know, I'm not a seamstress. Oh, I can sew...but I don't like to sew. However; I had some denim and a fun pattern in the closet and an idea foating around in my head and I finally found a couple of hours on Thursday morning to give it a whirl. It had to be a whirl, because I am not a patient person...at all. Confession is good for the soul right? :) Please excuse the personal model but no one else in this house was the right size. Idea was this: Sew the seams wrong - side - out.
So I began the task of pinning...
...and cutting.
There. That's done.
Now for the sewing.
Most of you probably have an electric machine?
Mine is powered by caffeine.
Ahh! There's that 'model' again.
She does look slightly better cut off at the waist.
Well, it's different. Sort of cute and fun...
and it got five stars from the only blue member here at the pink parsonage! The very first picture actually shows the finished seams the best. I should have waited until after the first washing to take pictures, but like I said...no patience. I was happy with how the seams 'frayed' though...it's just the look I was picturing in my little 'ole brain. :)


For more Finished Object Friday items, click here: http://charitree.blogspot.com/2010/05/finished-object-friday_28.html

3 comments:

Charity

Cute skirt and so fun! We gals can never have enough jean skirts, right? :)

Cindy

Great skirt! I had never thought of making one in that way. Love it!

Brittany

That's so cute! I also love the frayed look :)

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27