Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Valentines and Anniversaries


25 years ago. Our first Valentine's Day as a “couple.” I was 15 and we’d never even met, but we might have been in love anyway. We were online dating before it was cool. Eh, actually before it WAS. When almost all phones had cords, and time spent talking long-distance on them came with a hefty bill. Before email or texting were heard of and back when people wrote with paper and pen. I come really close to qualifying as a “mail-order-bride.”
For the last 25 years, he’s shared my greatest joys and my biggest heartbreaks and he’s done it in a way that has made me feel protected and cherished. He’s looked lovingly into my eyes over the top of a wedding bouquet and five fuzzy baby heads with the same adoring gaze. Those blue eyes have caught mine over the top of a pulpit, hospital beds, a desk piled high with bills, so many buckets of paint, tables gathered with guests, at gravesites, around roaring campfires, on road trips and late-night walks and so very many cups of coffee. In all the highs and lows of life, I can depend on him to be there cheering me on. He’s worked so hard to made sure I could be a full-time mom to our children because that’s what God asked of us personally. Just when I think I couldn’t love this life with him more, I do. Of all the things we’ve done together, seeking God's will and following his calling for our family has been the most FUN.
Girls, your story won’t be just like ours, but if you trust God's timing and let him choose, it will be just right for you.


In addition to Valentine's Day, there was also a wedding anniversary of 23 years and a Loomis anniversary of 20 years.



For Valentines Sunday dessert, I made these fun envelope-shaped cherry pie tarts.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27