Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Two Weeks In!

     Well, we are officially into week three of our school year! Yay for learning!
 
 
Kalli surprised me with a mug on our first day back. This was her first day of her last year of high school and she was a little emotional about her learning days with mom coming to an end. She has always been the biggest momma baby I have.
 
I sure to love these humans! Sometimes this job requires a lot of coffee and sometimes it gets mundane, but always it is a privilege and I am simply beyond blessed that I am married to a wonderful man who is just as invested in these kids as I am....enough to make this possible!
 
 
I'm already collecting cute sayings from the 2nd grade boy.
Kaderick doing a review page, “Exactly why do big AND small letter exist?”
Me, “Because big letter make things like your name special and they also go at the beginning of sentences.”
Kaderick, “Oh, I thought it was just for yelling on paper.”


 
 Kaderick and mommy have had a bit of a rough school day. Kaderick gets to choose a reward from the dollar store every time he completes a certain amount of work. This is usually every 2-3 weeks. He has recently discovered that a little used shop in downtown Caldwell has some pretty neat things for a similar price so we were all set to take a trip there at the close of the school day. I’m not sure what is with him today, but he has whined and demanded all day. Finally, I gave ...him time out and a warning, “No Joe’s Emporium today if this behavior continues.” Well, it continued in a major way, so now we are having a really good day because we are learning a valuable lesson that will “help him and make his life easier in the long run” and all that jazz. No Joe’s this time. 😢
He’s over there doing math now....the answer is thirteen, and he quietly says, “The answer should be HURT-teen!” (his feelings)
 
 
When I spotted these little school desks at our favorite used store, I couldn't resist adding them to my "Back to School" themed décor!
 
 
Our nursing student recently got a couple to feline study buddies. Their names are Donald and Melania! We are so excited about how God has been helping Kayla recently. She is allowing God to do great things with her life!
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27