Wednesday, November 28, 2018

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

 
I just love the days between Thanksgiving and Christmas! I try really hard to have the big stuff done or at least planned out ahead of time so that these days can be a bit more relaxing and time can be spent enjoying family and celebrating the true reason of the season. What a wonder it is that He loved us so much!! There is truly no better story in all time! Here are a whole bunch of pictures from our house. It's all very simple and probably 90% homemade or thrifted, but we love it! It doesn't have to be expensive, just meaningful and I'm happy.
 
 
Rick did the build-ins here of course and the cabinet, chair and ladder are thrifted. I made the quilt on the chair this summer. Hobby Lobby supplied the "HOME" décor for 50% off.
 
 
The huge tree was a Christmas gift from our church family a few years ago. The little gossip bench is thrifted and re-done by yours truly.

 
I'm still loving the ceiling beams which I repainted last year and the plank ceiling Rick added in to cover the old 70's style texture.

 
The recliner here was of course a craigslist find. Kammy drew my beautiful Christmas picture and Rick built an awesome frame for it using wood scraps.

 
The farmhouse table? Handmade. And of course so was the "mercantile" sign and the shutters and wreath.

 
I don't remember where the sled came from, its been in the family a long time. The pinecones are a gift from nature on one of our many camping trips. The skates are from my mother.

 
The kitchen we re-did ourselves. I did the cabinets and Rick and I did the tile. We actually hired the countertops done and we highly recommend "Miracle Method" for an inexpensive but classy looking upgrade.

 
The school desk was from a yard sale, the door used to hang in my parents house and the cabinet is a $40 craigslist find. I love the way it looks and the fact that it holds a ton of school supplies!

 
The hutch I re-finished to match our table.

 
I absolutely adore the woodwork in our master bedroom. I told hubby the vision I had and he totally made it happen! The shutter there on the wall we found in the neighbors trash and of course the deer antlers were another gift of nature.

 
Once again, all that beautiful woodwork I credit to my wonderful hubby. The bench he also made and the spool we picked up from someones trash pile. Haha!

 
The little white vase is thrifted, but those love letters were all painstakingly hand written.

 
I made the antler wreath, we thrifted the chair and the skates. The skis I bought this summer at Savers. They were very modern, so I kinda repainted and distressed them. Rick did all the cedar shakes here in the entryway and I just love the look!!

 
Sign and wreath, yours truly.

 
The mirror Rick gave to me for Christmas the year Kammy was born. The deer are paper mache. I made the wreath. Hobby Lobby 50% off supplied the little church window. The deer is from Amazon. The sign was a gift and Rick made the wooden church. You can barely see the stockings, but I made them from scraps I found 90% at JoAnn's.

 
The old window hanging was given to me by a friend many years ago and I just added the letters and curtain where there was a broken pane. Rick made the wooden tray centerpiece. My talented aunt painted the snowy winter scene.

 
Much of what you see in the cabinet here is thrifted or passed down through the family. Rick made and I painted the monogrammed tray on top.

 
I did the primitive sign for above the piano. It's probably my favorite "Christmas scripture."


 
This summer Rick eyed the old piece of driftwood on a camping trip and knew I'd love to do something with it. I like it for so many reasons not the least of which is that he was thinking of me. It says, "and to all a good night."

 
This is our ornament for this year. It's from our romantic get-away to Seattle this summer. We also visited Bainbridge Island and Gig Harbor where we got the ornament.

 
The scraps balls in this bowl are from making the quilt several pictures above. The dish itself was a wedding gift to my grandmother.
 
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27