Knock and it shall be opened unto you. But beware; if Kaderick openeth to you, Kaite shall be made to pay him 5 pence for “he careth for her kitty!”
You quilters have my respect!! The work some of you do is amazing!!! I don’t enjoy or have patience for sewing but I wanted a quilt like this for winter and didn’t want to pay what one would cost so I bought fabric a week ago tomorrow and got ‘er done in four afternoons. My lack of patience shows in a huge way, but it’s all good. I’m happy. I’ve done “quilts” like this before but never finished them or really quilted them except for yarn tying, so this is a first and there will be no photos of the back side!! 
We are soon to begin week six of school! Crazy how the last five weeks have flown! The kids are all doing well. Here Kaderick was keeping the tradition of Banana Splits the day we learned the 'B.' He didn't actually eat the banana split, it was daddy's and just a photo op since Kaderick is allergic to bananas. He and Kaite had a cherry dip cone. Excuse Kaderick's extremely happy face, a trip to the icecream store is a BIG deal in this family!!
We came home from camping to a very bountiful garden, so about the first thing I did was can of some delicious salsa for the winter months. Ahh!! Who am I kidding??? Rick had a jar open before 5pm that day.
We also enjoyed another family favorite, Tomato Bacon Pie. We decided that people who don't like tomatoes form that opinion because they've only had the "Styrofoam" ones they sell in the supermarkets.
I really love this time of year! One benefit is the savings at the store. Almost all our fruits and veggies come from the garden. Organic food for less than a fraction of the regular price!
Well, here's proof of my excellent teaching skills!!! My 5 year old son is 5weeks into school and can already read! LOL!! I'm just kidding... He’s looking at a magazine....there is an advertisement proclaiming, “the most comfortable bra ever” and Kaderick reads, “Hmmm....interesting article; the history of opossums.” Hahaha!
PS, don’t panic anyone, please. The advertisement didn’t include a model.
PS, don’t panic anyone, please. The advertisement didn’t include a model.
-------------------------------------------------------
Kalli began working as activities assistant at the facility where Kayla has been a CNA for two years.
Their daddy and I got a little tickled today thinking about them both being there working....if they thought they were getting another Kayla they were so wrong!! Kayla is quiet, serious and proper; Kalli lives life boldly and “out loud.” These girls are so different and yet both so hardworking, sincere, dependable and perfectly suited for their tasks. Dad and Mom are thankful!












0 comments:
Post a Comment