Sunday, August 12, 2018

Back to School!


My sunflowers are blooming and I have tons of full grown  miniature pumpkins in my garden. There's a bit of a chill in the air if you get up early enough to feel it before we hit those near triple digits. All of this means that autumn is just around the corner and it's time to begin another school year. Year #14 to be exact!! Kayla is picking up some more classes while she waits for RN enrollment time and Kalli is a HS junior this year working on dual credits - both here at home and at CWI. She and Kayla are taking a nutrition class together this fall and are excited about that. Kammy is still taking horseback lessons. She is doing some dressage work which is really quite fancy and is drawing well enough to actually make a bit of money! She is now in 8th grade. Kaite is in 4th grade this fall and is "excited about everything except math" in her words. Kaderick is my last first grade student. I'm excited about our time together this fall and he is beside himself and can't wait for tomorrow!
 
 
So before all the crazy begins, come and sit with me for a cup of coffee and a warm slice of fresh zucchini bread. I'm holding off on some fall items, the pilgrims of course, but a big bag of Dollar Store sunflowers, cattails and plastic apples has exploded in our house.




 
I made some fun, new, Back to School décor this year. All free of course....just scraps of wood and mason jars.










 
Hubby just made this little wooden tray for the dining room table and I freehand painted the word "gather" on the side of it. It's one of my favorite words. Gathering is what keeps us close, regardless of the reason why we gather.
 
As you can see, everything is in it's place and I'm feeling quite accomplished. LOL. You can check back with me at the close of day tomorrow for an update on that status. Haha. I may put out an SOS for comfort food and a massage. Sigh....prayers appreciated!
 


 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27