Be ready for photo overload and be ready for it to happen in completely random disorder.
We are so thankful for this beautiful yard. It's like having a park at home.
I recently made this for my newly married nephew. We weren't able to make it to the wedding as I didn't feel comfortable traveling after passing out and ending up in the ER. I'm waiting for an appointment with the specialist, but they suspect autoimmune disease. It is something I have struggled with off and on for years, and that is the nature of autoimmune--to go into frequent remissions--so it all makes sense I suppose. We do wish Bruce and his bride the very best of God's blessings in their life together.
These garden photos are a few weeks old, things have grown like crazy since then.
My roses are just beautiful this year.
Someone loves his sand box and Mini is always there to keep a watchful eye.
She's been a pretty good pup. The kids just love her.
We have a lovely strawberry patch, but it is new and not producing a lot yet. Thankfully, my parents have no such issues and kept us in delicious fresh strawberries all season. We made everything strawberry under the sun, including this wonderful sugar-free freezer jam.
Some of our favorite strawberry creations were these delicious Strawberry Cream Cheese Chimichangas Kalli made. She is wonderful in the kitchen...always making something equally beautiful and delicious.
This little man is getting so big. I can't believe that a year from now, I will be preparing to teach him to read.
Balsamic Steak Wrapped Veggies on the Grill
For the 4th of July, Kalli made this delicious patriotic dessert.
She also made a great jello.
Our sweet firecrackers on the 4th. We are so very blessed with these children who have such a deep love for God and Country.
Independence Day in Greenleaf, Idaho is just about the greatest. As long as I can remember, they've had a parade. Small town parades are the best. I've been in it, my kids have been in it, my dad, as member of the water board was in it one year. It's nothing fancy of course, lots of horses, tractors, kids on bikes, and old cars. You know most of the people and they all know you. I love this shot I got of my parents house just before walking down the street a block and gathering with old friends to watch the parade.
This year, they had the grandest grand marshall ever! Grandpa and Grandma! They are some of the longest Greenleaf residents at 43 years and counting.
Here they are being chauffeured through town.
Kammy had just been given a new book from a friend and she couldn't put it down I guess.
My poor candy deprived children especially enjoy catching the more than ample amounts of candy thrown off the parade floats. They brought a large container in which to collect which doubled as a chair for Kaderick.
I'm not sure Kaite or Kaderick actually saw any of the parade, they kept their eyes on the ground in front of them where the candy just kept falling.
I guess it paid off since Kaderick pretty much filled up his container. Good thing since it has to last until next year.
Before the parade, there is a Buckaroo Breakfast at the school, and afterwards, fun and games and of course the National Anthem. Teach them early; Kaderick has his hat off and his hand over his heart.
I really love these handsome boys!
Here is Kaite with her star-spangled hair do.
Kayla in scrubs and a pretty patriotic flexi clip.
Kammy with her nice comfy flexi. This girl has more hair than should be legal.
I didn't get pics of Kalli's hair or mine for that matter, so you just have to believe me when I say it was gorgeous. Hahaha! Kidding of course.
Later in the day, my mom had to leave for dialysis and we went home for some air-conditioned relaxation. Supper was this delicious chicken and veggies sweetened with fresh pineapple and seasoned only with pepper and a bit of pink himalayan salt.
Dessert was dressed up icecream sandwiches.
Our little sparklers managed to stay awake past dark and we did some of our own fireworks and sat on quilts in the front yard watching fireworks all over the valley.
One of the things I love about Idaho is the way it cools down in the evening. Even in the heat of summer the evenings are almost always cool and comfortable. That's important since the daytime temps have been in the triple digits.






























0 comments:
Post a Comment