I love the "everyday." There is simplicity and security for me in the routine everyday life. The laundry, the cleaning, the preparing of meals. The schoolwork, the playtime, the stories and puzzles. They serve to remind me of all that there is for which to be grateful. There are so many lessons to be learned and so much love to be shared in the everyday moments. Not often enough, but sometimes, I jot down these everyday memories we are making, or snap a photo.
One early morning Kaderick heard the coffee brewing and said, "Momma, the coffee pot is snoring!"
(Banner I designed for Rare Disease Day February 28.)
My poor little Kaiterbugs gets so carsick. Even just a 10 minute ride and she has to have anti-nausea meds. Yesterday, we got stuck for over an hour in stop and go traffic behind an accident on our way to piano. She was so sick (and yes, I had given her meds), but it cheered her up and made her feel a tiny bit better when Kaderick looked back at her and said, "I sorry baby!"
(Kayla and Kalli in the lobby of the Esther Simplot Performing Arts building just before playing before the judges at Music Festival.)
We went for a walk on abandoned train tracks tonight. Kaderick was so excited. He thought we were going to find Thomas. A couple of times he heard a car in the distance and said, "I hear him," then took of running down the tracks. He was pretty disappointed to have to come home without Thomas.
(New Home-made art for Kaderick's room.)
Kaderick just got in the fridge and took a bite out of a stick of butter (still wrapped in paper). We laughed. Kaite was infuriated. "I know that's not very responsible of himself, but he's still our Kaderick, and he could have died!"
(Kammy and Kaite showing us that they need longer arms for all that hair!)
Kaderick just came up behind me in the kitchen and said, "Momma, ur baby is whining!"
(Kaderick just being his usual cute self.)
Kammy: what is the easter bunny's favorite place to eat? IHOP!
(Yes, this really happened....No, we don't know why Kaderick put the cream in the toilet.)
It's just me and the littles here tonight. Hubby is out on a date with not one, but TWO beautiful girls. He's such a great dad!
(Daddy and a couple of his girls at Pastry Perfection.)
Working on my "to do" list. So far the coffee pot is dropped and shattered, the folded laundry has been unfolded, the toy baskets are successfully emptied and scattered across 3500 sq ft, three bathrooms are cleaned, a set of bedding is washed and replaced on the bed, and poison control has been called.
(....and the rolls look amazing!)
Late last night my men decided they needed a midnight snack of soft pretzels, so they went to the kitchen in their "jammies." While there, Kaderick made mention that, "Daddy, you have whitskers on you-r legs!" Daddy asked Kaderick if he had whitskers on his legs and he said, "No, mommy taked them." Daddy then inquired as to what mommy was doing with them and Kaderick said, "She put them in her drawer!" Then I heard much giggling and Kaderick said, "That was funny!" Yes, I guess I have a whisker collection in my drawer.
In my "spare" time, I've been sewing burp clothes for some of my friends who are having babies! Some quite literally are having babie(s). There are three sets of twins on my list!
Sitting here now with a sleepy little guy on my lap. Yep, I love the everyday! I will rejoice and be glad!

1 comments:
I've had a delightful time catching up with your sweet family. It's been a crazy six months with planning a wedding, my mother dying and trying to be in Pennsylvania with my dad as much as possible. I could have commented on every post. Loved your Valentine gift (and the stump your husband carved). The Christmas outfits were so perfect. I do most of my gift buying online, too.
Post a Comment