The other day, while on a drive in the country, we saw this sweet little cabinet by the side of the road.
Okay, it was hardly sweet....but it was free, and that was sweet!
With a little imagination, I could just see what it would look like when we were finished, so my sweet (he really is sweet) husband pulled a pine branch off a nearby tree and dusted about 50% of the dust and cobwebs off and loaded it up for me.
Two weeks, lots of cleaning, some sanding, paint and antiquing later, here she is looking very chic and right at home in the master bedroom.
And I might add, almost exactly like I imagined.
The really cool thing is that it's a very useful cabinet. A GUN cabinet!
It wasn't real charming inside either as you can see.
I lined the inside with felt though, and now she's beautiful inside and out!
I chose to stain the top of the cabinet for a bit of variety.
And we added fun new knobs in accent colors to match the room.
Hubby is thinking about adding a pedestal shelf to the bottom with open shelves and I was thinking wire basket/bins to hold hats and such things.
If you've priced gun cabinets, you know they aren't cheap.
This one was free but for a bit of paint (already on hand), $4 stain, $6 knobs, and $7 felt.
Less than $20, and if you're like me--that's plenty.
And here is a bonus picture of my handsome men. My wanna-be cowboys. Just chill in' after a hard day.
Kade prefers daddy's hat to his. His is just too juvenile, people.

3 comments:
Totally love it!! :)
Oh, how FUN! So happy that you found that cabinet and gave it a new look and a new home. So nice! It looks great in y'all's bedroom.
Sorry, I haven't been on-line much to THANK YOU for your comforting comment last week. It really helped my heart when I read that you had carried extra fluid with your baby (ies) as well.
As you will read on my update today, after my ultrasound today on a more elite machine, it appears that I have a normal level of fluid. Praise the Lord!!!!
We are feverishly working to get our 3rd floor and babies' nursery ready before she comes.
YOUR PRAYERS for baby and I MEAN THE WORLD TO ME!!!
Thanks TONS!!!
Love,
~Heather~
This is so awesome! It looks amazing, and you sure can't beat the price, LOL!
Post a Comment