In today's world, the children who are able to make an easy connection between their earthly and Heavenly Fathers are becoming more and more rare. For me, it is easy. I've never had to question God's motives or fear abuse from his hand, because my daddy showed me what loving guidance and having my own best interest at heart was. I've never had to wonder if Heaven would come through, because my daddy taught me that Fathers provide for their own. I've never had to question Gods plan for my life because my daddy taught me that I could trust in the stability of a loving Father. I'm the girl who chose fishing with daddy for birthday #16 over a bash with my friends. He spanked me rarely enough (once) that it actually meant something and I grew up wanting to please both him and my Heavenly Father.
His spoken voice read me many books and taught me about animals, plants, and nature. His quiet life taught me about living. About loving. About trusting a God who's not much ado about nothing....About simple faithfulness.
....and then, I wanted to marry a man just like him, so my children could have that same image of a Heavenly Father.
And I did.
I'm sure my husbands father was one of these rare men too, in order to raise this treasure of a man for us, and I am grateful for him as well.
Thank you is MUCH too small of an expression for all that you do, baby.
AND you make my heart go pitter-patter too!
Side note: Please excuse Little Boy Blue's disheveled appearance. He is currently too busy enjoying life to worry about such trivial matters as a tucked-in-shirt, combed hair, or shoes.

0 comments:
Post a Comment