Pottery Barn inspired.
$229
$599
Free
DIY Inspiration
(Beyond the Picket Fence)
I had mentioned to the hubby that I'd like a bench similar to the ones sold at Pottery Barn, to put at the end of our bed. Our bed is tall and I am short and someday it would be nice to have something to sit on when putting on the shoes and socks, ect. Now, when it comes to most honey-do's, let's be honest, my sweetie is a procrastinator. He likes working with wood, and making messes though, so he was right on this one. Truthfully, I think he likes making me happy as well. Smile.
So the first thing he did was get himself some good help. He just used scrap wood and a pallet. We painted it a few different colors using a mix of sprays and paint from a can.....just whatever we had on hand.
While he was at work the next day, I took his power sander to it and gave it a coat of dark stain to soak into all those sanded spots.
Hubby had carved a fun R+K into it. So sweet!
Finally, I gave it a clear coat of polyeurathane for a nice smooth finished look.
It looks right at home in our room! I like that it could pretty easily move to another room if it needed to. It would be great in a mud room or entryway too.
I love it!
Thanks babe! (He makes all my dreams come true.)

2 comments:
It turned out really nice!
Thanks for your fun comments on my blog. As always, it was fun hearing from you. =)
Very cute bench! Love it. And it looks so cute with your bed and bed spread! =)
~Heather~
Post a Comment