Thursday, January 23, 2014

It's the little things....

It's the little things that make life worth living in the dreary January fog. The little things and the little people. Here in the valley of southwestern Idaho we sometimes get what they call an inversion. The colder, yuckier air gets trapped here between the mountain ranges and sometimes we don't see the sun for days  weeks. It's been that way lately. People get sick and cranky and depressed. They long for fresh air and sunshine. It makes you appreciate the sun more when you see it, and meanwhile we/I try to focus on the little things that make me smile.
 
Like this little guy.
He had been a few days without his meds (insurance mess) and was so happy when he got them. I'm not sure if he somehow realizes how much better they make him feel or if he just likes the taste, but he's holding them here and laughing his happy laugh.
 
 
He is daddy's little shadow--not so much for cuddling, but for workin' -- if daddy is trying to get some work done, like fixing the washer, Kade is right there to "help!"

 
They are so cute. Those little hands, trying to be just like dad.
 
 
Little ones are always watching.
 Watching to see how we handle the clouds of life as well as the sun.
 
The girls and I recently tried our hand at the coffee filter roses. This isn't the best picture, but they are really beautiful and look so true-to life. In fact, I noticed the other day that "those roses sure are lasting well" before I reminded myself that those are coffee filters, silly. Coffee filters and a bit of water color paint. Little things, but they cheered one of our long dark evenings recently.

 
Little things in the oven.
 The girls got these little skillets and some ready-mix cookies for Christmas from my brother's family and they really enjoyed making them up the other night. Kayla has also been making supper for me every once in a while. I love that and it's nice experience for her too!

 
We are officially half way through our school year and THAT is a BIG thing to celebrate! I'm blessed with hard-working, dedicated students which makes my job much easier!
We've had touches of all the nastiness that is going around, but so far have been spared any serious or very long lasting illness for which we are sooo thankful! Keep taking those little vitamins! =)
 
Daddy has been teaching Kade the names of all his little animals and the sounds they make. I love to hear him "arf!" The other day though, Kammy was whining (just a little) about the fact that, despite her earnest prayers, she still does not have a horse. Kaderick just sat there and watched her for a bit and then I could almost see a light-bulb come on above his head and he ran to the toy-basket and began tossing toys out. Pretty soon he found his little mega-blok horse and ran it over to Kammy saying "Ahh?" She thanked him for making her smile. It was just a little thing, but he's learning to care about the concerns of others and she was cheered by a little horse and a little brother.
 
Well, that's my little post for the night. Your little comments will make me smile.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27