The little people usually get most of the attention on my blog, at least photo speaking. Today though, I am posting a couple of pictures from my older girls' piano recital. They have only been taking since April of this year, but are doing quite well and LOVE their teacher!
Kayla's piece was a real reach for a first year student, but she is stubborn and determined (no clue where she got that) and did very well. She was also a nervous wreck. ;)
I'm not sure Kalli knows what it is to be nervous. Lucky girl.
This mini ranch house is just around the corner from us and since there are horses, it makes the trip to Walmart well worth it for a certain little girl who lives in our house. =)
We have had snow on the ground for a couple of weeks now--and it's been cold. Today is the first day of sunshine in a good while. I was happy to see the sun, but have to admit I also miss the frosty look of freezing fog. I took this picture yesterday on the walking trail by our house.





4 comments:
I can totally empathize with Kayla's piano recital gitters :( I experienced many of those moments growing up....but somehow the feeling of a job well done makes it all worthwhile. Congratulations to her on her grit and determination!
Your beautiful pics of the horror frost soooo remind me of home. I always loved it when the sun would peep out and every thing looked like a glittery fairy land.
So neat that your girls are taking piano lessons. I have taken lessons since I was 4 and have had MANY a piano recital, although I can't say I was never nervous. =)
Loved seeing their piano recital pics.
Beautiful scenery pics as well.
We are having weather in the 60s today...but then it's going to get cold again tomorrow. I prefer the cold in December. =)
Have a Very Merry Christmas.
~Heather~
How very wonderful that your girls are learning the piano. My granddaughter took one year of lessons and decided she did not want to learn the piano. I am hoping she will change her mind as she gets older. I play but only by ear...
Your snow photo is lovely! I love snow, we have a lot already and will be getting quite a bit more this next week it looks like. It has been -29 Celsius for the past two weeks...and when the wind blows it is too cold to be outside for more than ten minutes. So I have not been on our walking trails.
Merry Christmas to your beautiful family!
OH, the piano recitals. We went through a lot of them..violin, too. But when I see Melanie and RB play The Holy City at Easter or play the violin in our church orchestra, all the practicing hours are worthwhile. What about Momma jitters?!!
Post a Comment