Get ready--this is going to be a public thank-you to "the man."
My man.
He's seriously pretty awesome and you really out to know it. Smile.
When I found out I was expecting Kade, I wasn't very happy. I'd been pretty sick the fall prior and just wasn't feeling up to it. Also, I knew that I was facing 2-3 months of terrible "morning sickness," and a major surgery followed by months of sleepless nights.
So, when I told him, I cried. Instead of saying something like, "How could you have let this happen??" He comforted me and told me everything would be okay. That somehow we would make it, that he would help me every step of the way.
When I started getting sick, he would go absolutely anywhere and at any hour of the day (or night) to get anything that I thought I might be able to keep down. For several weeks, he made scrambled eggs at breakfast, went to work all day, then came home and either helped with supper or did it all.
He never complained about the financial aspect of things even when we started making huge monthly payments--money that some men would have begrudged. He sacrificed a new gun, elk hunting and lasic surgery for yet another year--all for what we were sure was another little girl.
When we went to have the ultrasound, he didn't complain and whine because he had 4 girls and was confident that #5 was on the way. I cried tears of joy upon finding out we were having a boy--he was happy of course, but I knew that he would have loved another little pink bundle just as well.
He didn't mind shopping with me for baby's layette. Some guys would have hated it. Instead, he saw it as time to be together--even if we were just shopping.
When we had complications, he promised me that he would love and care for our little one no matter the outcome. When I would panic (often in the night hours) he would hold me close and pray me back to sleep.
He always did his best to arrange his work schedule so that he could be with me at the MANY doctor's appointments. He knew that I was worried and his presence was a great comfort to me.
He knows that I am a little OCD about having a clean and tidy house. Many times by the end of the day, I would lay half alseep on the couch (either just plain miserable, or those weeks on limited bedrest) and he would tidy the house at bedtime, put Kaite in her pajamas and ready the midnight snacks, milk/juice cups, ect. Some of the things he did were not really necessary--not even important in his mind--but he did them for me.
He got excited about helping me prepare the nursery and added his ideas to mine to make it cute and fun.....on a budget!
When it got hard to bend and reach, he washed my hair for me. Twice a week, for many weeks!
At Christmas-time, he did his best to help decorate the way I would have done it. If there was something I mentioned would be nice, he executed it. He makes me feel special by acting as if my ideas are the greatest. He always jumps right on them.
When Kaderick was born, he never left my side unless it was to be with baby in the nursery. Even when time stretched on and he missed lunch and had a headache, he was still there.
When Kaderick and I were learning the whole breastfeeding routine and the pain meds were making me and baby both sleepy, he fed me ice chips and tickled Kaderick's feet to keep us awake. When I couldn't remember times, he found an ap on his iphone to track Kaderick's feeding times.
He's not "too good" to change a diaper. In fact, if he is home, 9 times out of 10, he does this for me. The only time he doesn't change is during the night when his contacts are out. He tried a few times, and we usually ended up having a lot more laundry that way. Smile.
When I had baby blues, he stayed awake with me in the night and talked me through them. He located a free blackberry and activated it for me so that I could more easily access fb during feedings. Doing something helped keep me awake and alert when I was so sleepy.
Even now, when the baby cries in the night, he will get him for me while I use the restroom and get ready to nurse him.
I haven't quite lost all the "baby-fat" yet, but he still thinks I'm beautiful! (See, I told you--he's the man!)
He seems to know that at the end of a long day of school, housework and tending the baby, I need a little break. He is not impatient if I sit on the couch in the evening and fb a little or if I want to shower or have some "me time." If I have cabin fever from being in the house all day/week, he will gladly warm up the truck and take us ALL out for a while.
Personally, I think he's the best.
We have so much fun together and as a family.
We are so blessed!
I am so blessed!
I'm aware, that all these things may seem small, but it's the little things that add up. In a world that seems uncertain, I am thankful to have a Saviour, a companion, a family and a home, filled with love. If life as we know it were to end tomorrow, we would still have been given more than we deserve. I pray that God will give to us, and we will enstill in our children the grace and strength of heart necessary to overcome to the end.
Thank you, baby, for being the man you are! Whatever tomorrow brings, I am blessed to share my life with you!



10 comments:
You are blessed! Wow, he went above and beyond for you, thanks for sharing Karen.
Beautiful words and understanding ! May God continue blessing your family!
Karen, You are very, VeRy, VERY blessed!!! And it couldn't happen to a more deserving lady, I'm sure. Hugs to you!
This is such a sweet post and I'm sure will mean a lot to him... and you as you look back later and read it.:)
Awww! Mom,that's so sweet!
Karen, what a great tribute to your husband....I Peter 3:7, " Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life...." Sounds like you have a good one.. You are truly blessed! Enjoy your wonderful family!
Beautiful! And you're so right - it IS the little things that mean so much. Your story sounds so much like ours, the terrible sickness, the bedrest, those long sleepless nights... Dave and Rick could probably swap some stories! Poor guys, they've been through a lot with us gals. The only difference, is I was the one that had my contacts out at night - Dave would have to get up to "be my eyes" so that I wouldn't make some extra laundry ;) One of the greatest things he did for me was a few nights a week he would let me sleep in the guest room while he did baby duty through the night - might seem small to some but those nights were PRICELESS to me! What in the world would we ever do without our guys?? Thank God for them =)
Wow, I don't know what to say. I don't deserve the kinds words but it's nice to be somebody's hero! If I can be your hero then it doesn't much matter what anybody else thinks. You are the inpiration of everything good in my life. Next only to His saving grace you've been God's greatest gift to me. Love Rick
I'VE BEEN DOING SCHOOL WORK FROM MORNING 'TIL NIGHT with my 3 oldest trying to get done by the end of Feb. so haven't been blog hoppin' too much.
Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog.
I enjoyed catching up on your blog tonight. The last 3 posts were really nice. I really Loved this one. I'm so glad Jesus has given you such a great man. It's nice reading this about your nice husband, (And sounds like Brittany has a similar man). I could SO RELATE, for my man is the SAME WAY. SUCH A HELPFUL, WONDERFUL HUSBAND. In 2010 we left the USA to come back to Colombia. In the airplane on the way to Colombia...our Sarah NEARLY DIED of a low sugar attack, being unconscious for over an hour in the airplane in between Nicaragua and Panama. The pilot of our large plane didn't know whether to turn around and go back to Nicaragua or continue on to Panama. (Sarah had NEVER had anything like this before, nor since then.) It was SO SCARY! After giving her lots of SUGARED ORANGE JUICE, she finally came around, and when we landed, the Pilot welcomed "Sarah" to Panama and the whole plane full of people clapped. Then, after that STRESSFUL DAY...I'll never forget arriving to Colombia to our SMALL apartment with all of our suitcases. There were suitcases to unpack EVERYWHERE YOU LOOKED. But, before we could unpack them, we had to go into our rooms and sort everything out of our drawers and closets, pack give-away bags FULL of older, smaller clothes, and only THEN did we have room to put away the newer clothes (from the Thrift Stores in the USA) out of our suitcases. While we were gone to the USA, my refrigerator had died, so we had no food in the house. All that was the background to my main story. =) And then once I got everything unpacked, it was time to start homeschooling...3 kids instead of 2. The VERY next day, I found out we were expecting #5...our SURPRISE Baby Mary!! I didn't know HOW in the world I could do it all. Morning sickness for the first 4 or 5 months, (and then we nearly lost her, and I was on bed rest for WEEKS)...And as you know, with the life God has called us to...everywhere we go we have to pack suitcases, run through airports, always use taxis or buses, etc. But, my sweetheart Phillip (who was so EXCITED about having another baby=) told me that he would be right there for me, and we'd just work together to help bring this blessing into our world.=) I'd never have made it without him. He's such a dear and has been/IS a wonderful husband for nearly 18 years now. =) So enjoyed this post about your man. I LOVE IT when our men are there to help us with their babies. I LOVE to see my sweetheart with our children.
Thanks for sharing. Sorry for the BOOK of a comment. =)
Love all your new pics of your kids on here.
Love,
~Heather~
So precious. I have counseled many wives and my one rule is "only speak good of your husband." I've been in groups where everyone downs their mate. When we choose to focus on the good our marriage flourish.
Post a Comment