Kammy let Rancher do a bit of celebrating. He didn't care for the fireworks though!
Kaite loved the festivities. She caught and enjoyed WAY to much candy and cried all the way home from the fireworks because it was "all done."
17 weeks and counting!
Kammy riding Dennis and Lisa's horse Dutchess in the Greenleaf parade. Crystal is leading her. Kammy couldn't believe that mommy used to babysit Crystal. Lisa (Aman) Patrick and her family are LONG time family friends. Greenleaf is the little town I grew up in. I've only missed a few 4th of July parades in my 34 years. We don't have floats really, but lots of tractors and horses. =)
I made a couple of these cakes, one to take to my parents and one for Lisa's family. They were fun and pretty easy except that I ended up with way more white cake than red, so the stripes are wrong. Oh well....you get the idea.
My dad and Rick grilled some amazing steaks. Mom made all the trimmings to go beside it--including homemade icecream--we ate good!
I made the girls and my shirts. You can't see them too well (unless you click to enlarge the pic) but the flag stripes are red ric rac and I made the star portion with a detachable ribbon flower with a button star in the middle.
I am so thankful to be an American! We have such a rich heritage and even though I am saddened and a bit frightened with the way we seem to be headed, I know that the torch has now been passed to my generation. Will we admit defeat and give up or fight on? God's Word tells us that it is up to His people to pray and turn from wicked--to seek his face in humility--only then can he heal our land. We may be the minority, but with God, there is always MORE!









1 comments:
What an awesome cake. Looks yummy, too. And the shirts are adorable. I hope your have a good summer and less and less days that you feel ill.
Post a Comment