Thursday, April 5, 2012

Eggs

These edible birds nests can be found on my pinterest Easter board. They were so easy and fun to make. We used Reese peanut butter eggs instead of the cadbury ones. They are darling....almost too cute to eat.
Of course, we had to make peanut butter eggs too. The first time I made them was with my mother-in-law, and I've been doing them ever since! Every year for 15 years now....Oh wait! I think I skipped the year that Kaite was born--just a few days after Easter. Kaite did the sprinkles this year! They are really easy. 1 jar (8oz) marshmellow cream, 1 1/2 stick of butter (softened), 1 cup peanut butter, 1 pound powdered sugar. Just mix together, form into egg shapes and chill well or freeze. Then dip in melted chocolate (almond bark) and sprinkle quickly before chocolate dries. I like to add a small amount of whipping cream to my chocolate. I'm not crazy about chocolate and this makes it a little thinner and a little more bearable. It still sets up just fine.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27