Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Facing the Future with Faith and not Fear


I'm not a negative person, I have never seen the point. That being said, I am human, and I do have fears.
Sometimes the unknown can be a little scary. I am a person who plans ahead. I have menus, schedules, lists and more lists. I can usually deal with tomorrow, next month, maybe even next year, but beyond that the future is a little frightening. I fear losing my parents, my husband or a child...I fear being sick myself and leaving my family. Maybe what I fear most is for my children. I wonder/worry what they will face. Our freedoms are threatened now....what of the morrow? Will they have the strength to stand? I am parenting right?
Sometimes, yesterdays mistakes can influence tomorrows fears. I hope I am learning from the past, so that I do not repeat the same mistakes. I hope I am healing from the hurts...but not just healing...learning. Learning that everyone hurts. The cause of our hurts are not all the same, but the pain is always similar.
I ran across this quote the other day and I really liked it, so I put it on a picture of my kids. I think it's appropriate since their future is one of my greatest sources of fear. I must go back, again and again and place my future in the SAFEST place--God's hands. He has told us not to worry--that he will provide. My duty is to live today--to enjoy today--to love my family and know that God loves them even more.
"If what lies before you, scares you
And what lies behind you, hurts you
Look above~
He will always help you!"

Photobucket

3 comments:

Pamela

This is beautiful, Karen. Looking above is the best position. I've proved it time and time again.

Your redecorating is just beautiful. You are so creative. I love your joy in homemaking.

Cindy

Hi Karen,
This post is SO good, I believe what you've written and it's so true. I'm not a negative person either, I try to deal with yesterday and leave the rest in God's hands. But, because I'm human, I have a hard time with some of it. I think the hardest part is forgiving myself for making a wrong choice in the first place. But, I have learned that I can trust HIM. I love the song, "But I know who holds tomorrow and I know who holds my hand." I will keep looking above. You're a very good writer, Karen.
Hugs, Cindy

The Dickinsons

Very good post! Isn't it wonderful to know that "Life is worth the living JUST BECAUSE HE LIVES!?!"

Your crepe recipe looks good. I'll have to try it sometime.

Blessings,
~Heather~

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27