Sunday, February 12, 2012

International Spy Museum

The International Spy Museum in Washington DC is the only public museum in the United States solely dedicated to the tradecraft, history, and contemporary role of espionage. Open since July 2002 and in development since 1996, the museum features the largest collection of international espionage artifacts ever placed on public display – many have never been seen by the public. These artifacts – from a 1777 letter by George Washington authorizing a New York spy network to a 1980s coat with a camera concealed in a button – bring to life the people and techniques behind some of the most influential espionage actions in world history.

We had just a few hours to spend on our last morning in DC and we chose to visit the International Spy Museum. It is one of the few museums in DC that charges and entrance fee, but I was able to find a special Valentine's Day coupon online titled "Love a Spy." This might surprise you, but I really have an interest in espionage. Maybe it comes from being good at hiding my feelings, I'm not sure. I like to observe people--covertly of course--and often form opinions about them, which for some reason often prove true. For example, in the airport in DC, I noticed a young girl with pink hair....I know...you're thinking, "Who wouldn't notice?" Well, let me tell you, in some areas of our country, it's nothing out of the ordinary. What I also noticed was that her hair was evidently recently dyed because some of the pink was on her sweater. I remember thinking, "She is going to cause some sort of 'incident' on our flight." For that reason, I took special notice of her seating. She became violently ill during flight and a doctor was called for from the passengers. I doctor on ground was contacted as well, and it was decided that she would be okay--we would not have to land in Chicago. Whew! Now honestly....I wondered if she was really sick or if it was just a diversion for somethin bigger that was planned....but we arrived safely in Salt Lake where paramedics met our plane. Okay, I confess....I have a suspicious mind sometimes, but just in case I'm right---be careful, I am watching you! =)

Photobucket

1 comments:

The Dickinsons

Sounds like y'all had a nice time...pink-haired lady...and all. ;-)

Have a Happy Valentine's day,
~Heather~

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27