So, the first picture is not really a closet at all....I mean, it's no bigger than a closet, but it's best known as a laundry room. Being a laundry room doesn't you have to be ugly though, so I made a curtain to hang in front of all the lovely stuff like fabric softener and bleach. Then I hung the "speed dating for socks" deal. It's like this--socks without mates gather on the line there, and every once in a while, one gets lucky and finds the perfect mate! =)
Next, I added some cheery shelf liner under the sink. It was clean, but UG-LY before. Now I smile when I reach for the dishsoap because red is my all-time favorite color of kitchen cheerfulness!
Am I crazy because my spices are alphabetized? I had seen these kind of spice racks around, but when I went looking they were nowhere to be found. Then....I was standing in line at Michaels of all places and there they were. Sadly, they weren't giving them away so I only came home with one. I thought I could make do, but I really need another one.
I'm a little OCD when it comes to organization, but it saves me time in the long run (that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!).
My girls are pretty good about keeping things organized too--probably much better than boys, but then I really wouldn't know. =) Barbies always pose a bit of a problem, but this over-the-door shoe bag was an awesome save for this situation. They are now conveniently placed for playing, and neatly kept. Momma is happy.
I guess my inspiration inspired her though, because she decided that the shoe rack makes awesome horse stalls. Ah, well....you win some and you lose some.
I've even been organizing files on my computer. Oh, and I pinned a bunch


6 comments:
How nice that you are so organized, I'm afraid I have to really work at it. Certain areas are fine, but there's my craft room that I am constantly getting fed up with because it's so small and a mess. But at least I have one.
I will go follow you on Pinterest. I have never pinned anything of my own, I should think about that.
Have a good night, hugs, Cindy
I like Mom!!
You are amazing, I want you to come to my house to decorate and organize : )
Your laundry room looks cute. Love the "speed dating for socks". =)
Neat idea for the barbies.
Blessings,
~Heather~
thank you for the big laugh you gave you when I read about your socks speed dating solution.
where do all those socks go, anyway?
Post a Comment