This little corner has been causing me no small amount of grief. Here you see what it looks like now.....
But here, is what it looked like before. We rarely wear shoes in the house, so they tend to pile up at the door. No matter how many times I straightened, it always went back to this.So....I started shopping for a shoe rack....only I didn't find anything I liked. I finally found one that wasn't too terrible. It was a vertical shipping pallet nailed to the wall with shoes stuck in the side. Sort of the idea I had in mind, but not quite. Well, it just so happened that there was an old shipping pallet here when we moved in, so I helped myself! That was as far as it went. I do okay was the whole design thing, but I really need a man and some power tools when it comes the actual work part.
Hubby did not disappoint! I'm really in love with the finished product! He also made the chicken wire memo frame from the same pallet. Love that was well! I'm hanging recipes, birthday cards, and notes from the kids on there with clothespins! The shades on the french doors are new as well, but you saw those in the last post and I told you how I made the ruffles for the top.
It's taken a while, but this area of the house has finally come together to my liking! Perhaps the best part of this little project was the cost. We had the pallet and the chicken wire, so a little stain and the $2.99 chicken/barn plaque were the only costs.
Oh-and the casters. I thought those added character. Plus, they make it easy to roll out and clean behind/under. It's a much brighter corner now! :)Photobucket" src="http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q30/promisranglrs/Karensig.png">

3 comments:
Oh, Karen - Power tools are GREAT fun. You should try them some time!! :D Neat idea for the shoes; we tend to shed shoes, too. I've never figured out why anyone would want to wear shoes in the house! :S
Ok... LOVE your kitchen!! My kitchen/dining area is quite tiny, especially for the amount of entertaining we do... :) And love the shoe rack!
LOL! No thanks, Gillian. I know that men need to feel needed, so I'll jst keep on needing his help and his power tools!Charity, I too, have had very tiny kitchens/dining rooms in the past so I am thoroughly enjoying this one!
Post a Comment