Looks like I have taken a bit of an unplanned bloggy break. This past week has been even crazier than usual. We had a little family vacation planned, so I was expecting it to be busy but then Sunday morning when my parents came to church they had just gotten the news that my uncle was being hospitalized and was critical. Shortly after arriving at the hospital, he passed on. He had heart problems in the past, but this was very sudden and is a shock to the whole family. If you think of it, please say a prayer for my sweet aunt and cousins. As far as our trip, we cut it a bit short to get back for the viewing and service. We did have a nice time and I'll post an update on that later.
As you might know, I am not a shopper. Hubby is not a shopper and even my 4 girls are not big on shopping. We have a very nice thrift store nearby though and every now and then we find some treasures.
Here is Kaite in a hat I thought was just too adorable to pass up. Especially at $1. I am sure someone spent many hours making this. I sure wouldn't mind if they'd make a few more and take them right on over to Saver's Thrift Store. :)
I have been wanting some old ice skates for years and found these for $3 while on vacation in McCall, Idaho.
A nice Field and Stream brand cord jacket for the hubby. Please excuse the picture. He was just getting a call as I snapped the photo. :)
For me, and American Eagle down vest, and it's even reversible!
Love the detail on this frame and the price was right at $1! I did spray paint it. Now to figure out what to do with it.
There were a few other things, like a brand new black sweater for me priced at $4 and a Nautica button down for the hubby. There is a funny story....he (hubby) was saying how these young guys get these nice shirts for Christmas and they end up at Goodwill because all they (the young dudes) ever do is lay around in a t-shirt. Well, when I was washing said shirt, I found an iron-on name tag with an elderly gentleman's name and the words, "Life Care Center." So much for hubby's theory. lol.
I have been wanting some old ice skates for years and found these for $3 while on vacation in McCall, Idaho.
A nice Field and Stream brand cord jacket for the hubby. Please excuse the picture. He was just getting a call as I snapped the photo. :)
For me, and American Eagle down vest, and it's even reversible!
Love the detail on this frame and the price was right at $1! I did spray paint it. Now to figure out what to do with it.
There were a few other things, like a brand new black sweater for me priced at $4 and a Nautica button down for the hubby. There is a funny story....he (hubby) was saying how these young guys get these nice shirts for Christmas and they end up at Goodwill because all they (the young dudes) ever do is lay around in a t-shirt. Well, when I was washing said shirt, I found an iron-on name tag with an elderly gentleman's name and the words, "Life Care Center." So much for hubby's theory. lol. My favorite find was perhaps this one. Switchflops! Love them! Last summer they were new and all the rage, but at $42, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I guess the waiting paid off, because I got these for only $14! Never been worn! Now I am getting a little anxious for spring....but only a little.



2 comments:
Hi Karen,
So sorry to hear about your uncle, will remember your aunt and cousins in prayer.
You got some great little treasures.
Your babies hat is so adorable, almost as cute as she is!
I have never heard of switch flops, those are sure cute, though.
Hugs, Cindy
Thanks for the prayers, Cindy! We do appreciate them! The switchflops are pretty neat because you can just change the color/buttons by unvelcro-ing the old one and velcro-ing a new (different) one on. So, you are really getting several pairs of shoes in one! Fun!
Post a Comment