I want to move you with this post. No, not really. I have my hands full just moving me.
I'm going to say something that may shock you, "I really don't mind moving! (at least not for the most part)"
We have been married almost 14 years and this is our 6th move. Moving gives me a chance to clean in areas that might rarely if ever get cleaned otherwise. It also gives me a chance to re-organize and get rid of stuff we don't use or need. Finally, it gives me a guilt-free excuse to do a little re-decorating. I think that really might be the best part. The house we are moving to is totally unlike anything we have ever lived in and I think it is going to be both challenging and fun!
Some areas of my house appear untouched while others are looking pretty bare. I try to keep the most lived-in areas in tact until the last minute. It just makes me feel less like I am living out of boxes. The girls have been huge helpers and we are pretty much right on schedule. I needed a few more boxes for things like books and glassware so I sent hubby to the liquor store. They have the best boxes for those purposes--for free.
I had to laugh though, when I saw this box. "Mom's boos" (supposed to be 'mom's books') in a Vodka box! :)
I have a great little box labeler. It's just that sometimes she gets a little carried away with the marker, and sometimes the spelling is humorous as well. Sometimes it looks as if SHE has been dipping in the vodka.
Kaite loves playing in the boxes and driving her car around them. Sometimes she runs into the labeler and that always causes a bit of drama. Maybe she should lay off the 'boos'


3 comments:
The "Mom's Boos" in a vodka box is just too funny! So, is this the secret to how you get so much done?! Haha! =)
I'm so glad we found each other Karen! Don't know why we haven't already crossed paths. I'm following you right back. You have a beautiful family! And your family pics are gorgeous. Love, love the train tracks and the suitcase. I'm enjoying browsing your blog.
Have a great week!
Hi Karen ~
Just visiting for the first time and WE ARE MOVING TOO! But I must say, your boxes are just so ORGANIZED and NEAT! = ) We are missionaries moving to New Bern with the Anglican Mission in the Americas. I also have a Kayla, but her spelling is Caela...and she's 12, too!
So good to meet you!
Cheryl
Post a Comment