Thursday, June 3, 2010

Finished flowers!

Remember the new lamp in my bedroom...the tall skinny one? The one I added the ribbon deco to? Well, no sooner had I finished it than I saw all the cool fabric flowers and rosettes (please forgive me...I can't remember where) on someone's blog. Argh! What to do now? I really NEEDED some of those, but I have NO scraps! Unfortunately, I don't keep ANYTHING...I mean, it's so bad that I open the mail in the garage and NONE of the envelopes ever even see the inside of my house. Jugs, cartons and boxes, have to be emptied immediately upon returning from the grocery store. It's a bane to my family, because I am always throwing away something good. I really didn't want to buy new...I'm too cheap for that. Then I remembered! Just yesterday, I cleaned closets and there was a bag of old clothes sitting in the garage waiting for someone to haul it to the Goodwill. Ah...ha! I went shopping! The pleats on the bottom of the threadbare khaki skirt made a great large flower and the brown skirt with the paint splatters got cut up for rosettes. Love it! And it was soooo sinfully easy!While I was at it, I found a couple of things that could be made over for Kayla...now she has a new skirt and dress too! Yay! The Goodwill won't even know what they're missing!

2 comments:

Crystal Roberts

You are so creative. And as for throwing everthing away, that is probably a good habit in some ways, your home is so beautiful and I wouldn't mind tips from you on how you keep it organized, clean and beautiful all at the same time.

RicKaren

Thank you Crystal! As for tips...I don't really know. My motto is, "Don't get behind because you don't have time to catch up!" My dad says I'm lazy...too lazy to make a mess. lol!

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27